O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
*** *** ***
Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. John Chrysostom
Well then does he call the ruler of the synagogue a hypocrite, for he had the appearance of an observer of the law, but in his heart was a crafty and envious man. For it troubles him not that the Sabbath is broken, but that Christ is glorified. Now observe, that whenever Christ orders a work to be done, (as when He ordered the man sick of the palsy to take up his bed,) He raises His words to something higher, convincing men by the majesty of the Father, as He says, My Father works until now, and I work. But in this place, as doing every thing by word, He adds nothing further, refuting their calumny by the very things which they themselves did.
· Last Sunday, 54 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, candles $, gift shop $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity. Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
· Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Brendan, Fr. Ted & Barbara, Sr. Patricia, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Walter, Adam, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Curtis, Ronald, Taylor, Margaret, Mary, Lorrie, Cantor Gene, Jonathan, Rosa, Frances, Maros, Alex, Ted, Eva.
· Hospitality signup sheet: Nov 26 – Janson family, Dec 3 – Ruby family, Dec 10 – open, Dec 17 – Amelia Baker. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to all who participated in our potluck lunch in honor of St. Philip the Apostle, our patron saint.
· Volunteers needed for our Bake Sale event on December 2nd. Please sign up in the parish hall, or send an email to Fr. Francis.
· Today is a Day of prayer for persecuted Christians. Let us remember our brothers and sisters around the globe, who are suffering for their faith in Christ.
· St. Philip’s Christmas Retreat, December 1-3. As we prepare for the days of light, feasts of the Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord, please join us for prayer and reflection with Fr. David Anderson of St. Peter’s Ukrainian Eastern Catholic Church in Ukiah. We will meet on Friday and Saturday evenings, and at our regular time on Sunday, for prayer followed by a talk by Fr. David. All are welcome.
· ST. PHILIP’S BAKE SALE ON DECEMBER 2ND. Come join us, bring family and friends. Lots of baked goods, small gift items, warm food served or to go, great opportunity get Christmas sweets and foods for your pantry, as well as spend time with one another. The day will begin with Divine Liturgy at 8 AM (with Fr. David), bake sale from 10 AM – 6 PM, Great Vespers at 6 PM, retreat talk by Fr. David at 7 PM.
· PILGRIM VOCATION ICON As we pray for the Lord to have mercy on our church and send us good and holy shepherds, remember especially the children and youth of our parish, for the grace to desire God’s will for their lives, and to discern and follow their vocation. Vocation icon schedule: Nov 26 – Mason family, Dec 3 – Prescott family, Dec 10 – Ruby family. (To sign up, please contact Jon & Abby Burke, or Fr. Francis.)
6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
6:00 PM Akathistos to the Theotokos.
7:00 PM Retreat talk by Fr. David Anderson
8:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
6:00 PM Great Vespers.
7:00 PM Retreat talk by Fr. David.
8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
26th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 1.
Cantor: Gene Ford
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.
During St. Philp’s Fast, we are obliged to observe abstinence from meat foods on Fridays. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.
*** *** ***
· Iconography workshop: Come prepare for the Nativity of Christ with an icon-writing workshop at St. George Melkite Greek-Catholic Parish, 1620 Bell Street, Sacramento, CA 95825, on Wednesday, Dec 6th – Saturday, Dec 9th. The workshop will begin at 6:30 pm with the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of St. Nicholas. Tuition is $298. We will be painting the Theotokos of Sweet Kisses. For further information contact Raymond Vincent at email@example.com, or call or text (916)532-2453.