Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church …
Saint Ambrose of Milan
“When they forgive sins, men exercise the ministry to which they have een called, they do not exercise the power of forgiveness in their own right; they do not forgive in their own name, but in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. They make the petition and God grants. Men are servants; the generosity of forgiveness is the power of God.” (De Spirito Sancto)
St. Irenaeus of Lyon
“By forgiving his sins, Jesus cured the man who was paralyzed, and showed in a visible way who he was. If God alone can forgive sins and the Lord forgave and cured men, then he is the Word of God made Son of Man, with the power to forgive sins, both as man and as God. As man, he shared our poor nature; as God, he took pity on us and forgave our sins.” (Adversus haereses)
- Last Sunday, 58 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $____, candles $__, donations $__. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Ted, Fr. Brendan, Sr. Patricia, Sr. Maria Rose OP, Oceana, Gary and Ingrid, Tom, Margaret and Don, Walter, Joan, Margaret, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Curtis, Joseph, Theresa, Emily, Ronald, Janet, Michael, Taylor, Margaret, Lorrie, Mary, Jude.
- Hospitalitysign-up sheet: Feb 28 – Janson family, Mar 6 – Prescott family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the list is in the parish hall. Thank you to Agayoff family for providing our hospitality meal for us last Sunday.
- Pysanki workshop. We continue our pysanki workshop from last year, all ages, all skill levels welcome. See Mrs. Joan for instructions and assistance. It will go on for a few Sundays (until your art is complete), beginning today.
- Bishop’s Appeal is here again. Our goal this year is $____ – which corresponds to $___ times the number of our registered households. It is understood that for some this is a large sum, while others may find it less challenging to give. Please prayerfully consider your contribution to the Appeal. Thank you in advance for your generosity. Your pledge cards are due in the parish office as soon as possible. Your contributions are to be made to “St. Philip the Apostle,” please mark your donation as “Bishop’s Appeal.”
- St. Philip’s Fish-Fry & Pirohy Dinner. This year, on Lazarus’ Saturday, March 19th. Reserve the date! All volunteers please report to Fr. Francis.
- Do you have a good recipe for fasting season you would like to share? Send it to Fr. Francis by e-mail, to be forwarded to others.
|Wed||Feb 24th||5:30 PM Liturgy of the Pre-sanctified Gifts.|
|Sat||Feb 27th||8: 00 AM Divine Liturgy.||3rd All-Souls Saturday.|
|Sun||Feb 28th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9: 10 AM Prayers.
9: 30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|3rd Sunday of the Great Fast – Veneration of the Holy Cross. Tone 7.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays are days of penance, simple abstinence from meat foods is observed. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.