O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
Oh, blessed are those fishermen whom the Lord chose from among so many doctors of the law and scribes, from among so many sages of the world, for the task of divine preaching and the grace of the apostolate! Worthy of our Lord, indeed, and appropriate for his preaching was that choice, so that in the preaching of his name all the greater might be the wonder of praise as the humble and lowly of the age preached his word—not that they might capture the world through the wisdom of the word but that they might liberate the human race from the error of death through the simple preaching of the faith, as the apostle says: “That your faith may not be in human wisdom but in the power of God.” And in another place: “But the foolish things of the world has God chosen to put to shame the wise, and the weak things of the world has God chosen to put to shame the strong, and the base things of the world and the despised has God chosen, and the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are.” Therefore he has not chosen the noble of the world or the rich, lest their preaching be suspect; not the wise of the world, lest people believe that they persuaded the human race with their wisdom; but he chose illiterate, unskilled and untutored fishermen, so that the Savior’s grace might be open.
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Building Fund $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- Remember the clergy of our Eparchy who gather this week for the annual Clergy Conference in Phoenix.
- Global Rosary Relay for Priests is this Friday. We will join the relay with our Akathist to the Holy Mother of God at 5:45 am. For more info, see the flier or visit www.worldpriest.com
- Apostles’ Fast, May 31 – June 28. One of the four fasting seasons in our liturgical year (it’s also called “Peter’s Fast” or “Petrivka”), this fast concludes on the Eve of the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. We do not have specific guidelines from our bishop, we each pray and fast and give alms as we decide. It is wise to pray and decide upon our fasting discipline …thus we avoid temptation to delay our fasting, and are more aware of opportunities to show our love for God and neighbor. One of the reasons for this fast is our imitation of the Apostles, who after Pentecost prepared for the mission of announcing the Gospel to the whole world.
- Myrrhbearers’ Retreat. Please register, this year a virtual retreat, the Myrrhberares’ is an opportunity for women of our Eparchy to come together for prayer and fellowship. More information is on the attached flier.
- God With Us Online is hosting a free Webinar I Believe: a study of the Creed of the Church, on Wednesdays 8-9:30 pm April 14 – June 16. Register online. Flyers are on the bulletin board.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093?,or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 13 (plus 2 anonymous) households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- Two MCI Online classes, Introduction to Liturgy and Introduction to Church Singing, can be taken FREE by any member of our church (this includes singing feedback as part of the Introduction to Church Singing class). These classes are the prerequisites for a complete course on the fundamentals of church music, starting in July and running through December: 1. Reading in Church (July); 2. Introduction to the Divine Liturgy (September); 3. Introduction to the Eight Tones (November). If you or anyone in your parish is considering taking advantage of these classes, now would be a GREAT time to take the two introductory courses and see how they “work.” For more information: http://mci.archpitt.org/classes
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “Immediately they left their nets and followed him.” Hearing the call, Peter, Andrew, James and John left one calling to become fishers of men. The life of prayer and devotion in monasticism and holy orders is a special way to live this calling. Is Christ calling you to follow him? Contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email: email@example.com
|Fri||Jun 11th||5:45 AM Akathist (in union with the Global Rosary Relay for Priests) 6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Sun||Jun 13th||8:30 AM Confessions. 9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.||3rd Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 2. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Richard Agayoff.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
We are in season of the Apostles’ Fast (May 31-June 28). The minimum fasting observance is the usual abstinence for meat foods on Friday. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.