O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen! + Christos Voskres! Voistinu Voskres!
From the Saints of the Church …
St. Irenaeus of Lyon
…the Lord bestowed sight on the one who was blind from birth – not by a word, but by an outward action. He did this neither casually nor simply because this was how it happned. He did it this way in order to show it was the same hand of God here that had also formed man at the beginning. And therefore when his disciples asked him why he had been born blind, whether by his own fault or by his parents’, Jesus said, “Neither this man sinned, nor his parents, but that the works of God might be manifested in him.” The work of God is after all, the forming of man. He did this by an outward action, as Scripture says, “And the Lord took clay from the earth, and formed man.” (Gn 2: 7) Notice here too how the Lord spit on the earth, and made clay and smeared it on his eyes, showing how the ancient creation was made. He was making clear to those who can understand, that this was the [same] hand of God by which the mas was formed from clay. For what the creating Word had neglected to form in the womb, this he supplied openly. He did this so that the works of God might be evident in him, and so that we might seek for no other hand than that through which humanity was formed. Now should we seek another Father, knowing the hand of God which formed us in the beginning, and forms in the womb, has in the last times sought us lost ones out. He is gaining his own lost sheep and putting it on his shoulders and joyfully restoring it to the fold of life.
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Building Fund $, Eparchial Appeal $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- God With Us Online is hosting a free Webinar I Believe: a Study of the Creed of the Church, on Wednesdays 8-9:30 pm April 14 – June 16. Register online. Flyers are on the bulletin board.
- Happy Mothers’ Day to our mothers, grandmothers and godmothers, may the Lord bestow many blessings upon you as we give thanks for your vocation and your love poured out into our world.
- The Catholic Home Missions special collection. If you would like to contribute to this collection, please mark your donation “Home Missions.” Thank you for your generosity.
- Lost Rosary. Few weeks ago, a special rosary (50 anniversary gift) was lost at church. Description: It has a gold clasp because it can be worn as a necklace as well. It has pink, white, clear and yellow beads. It is not like any other rosary. It has a smaller gold crucifix. Very feminine looking. If you found it, please return to Fr. Francis. Thank you.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093?,or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 11 households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “One thing I do know: that though I was blind, now I see!” The healing love of Christ gave sight to the man born blind. Have you received the eyes to spiritually see your calling in life? Is he calling you to help the world see Him more clearly by a vocation to the priesthood, diaconate, monastic or religious life? Contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email:email@example.com
Until further notice, social distancing and health safety provisions issued by local government are in place.
|Wed||May 12th||5:30 PM Great Vespers.|
|May 13th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Ascension of Our Lord.Solemn Feast. Day of obligation.|
|May 16th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday of the Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Del Castillo.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
Fridays in general are days of penance. We observe simple fast – abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.