O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. John Damascene
“How hard it is for those who have riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God!” When all the saints heard this command, they thought they should withdraw from this hardness of riches. They parted with all their goods. By this distribution of their riches to the poor, they laid up for themselves eternal riches. They took up the cross and followed Christ. Some followed, being made perfect by martyrdom, even as I have already told you, while others by the practice of self-denial did not fall short of them in the life of the true philosophy. Know that this is a command of Christ our King and God that leads us from corruptible things and makes us partakers of everlasting things.
· Last Sunday, 54 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, candles $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity. Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
· Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Brendan, Fr. Ted & Barbara, Sr. Patricia, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Walter, Adam, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Curtis, Ronald, Taylor, Margaret, Mary, Lorrie, Cantor Gene, Jonathan, Rosa, Frances, Maros, Alex, Ted, Eva.
· Hospitality signup sheet: Dec 10 – open, Dec 17 – Amelia Baker. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to all who participated in our potluck lunch in honor of St. Philip the Apostle, our patron saint.
· Advisory board will meet next Sunday, at 11:30, in the parish hall.
· Thank you to our volunteers who prepared a wonderful feast for us yesterday, especially to Ted and Darlene Janson, Amy Seyfried, Molly Carlson, Cantor Gene Ford, Aisha Ruby, Theresa Vinciquerra, and Elizabeth Baker. Also, many thanks to Steve Prescott for cleaning up and hauling truckloads of green waste from our church property last week. May God bless you abundantly for all your hard work, for many blessed years.
· New calendars have arrived. You can find them in the gift shop, take one home.
· Retired Religious collection will be taken next Sunday, December 10th. This annual collection, organized by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference, is taken to support and care for our retired brothers and sister in religious and monastic communities who served the church for many years. Please mark your donation “Retired Religious.” Thank you for your generosity.
· PILGRIM VOCATION ICON As we pray for the Lord to have mercy on our church and send us good and holy shepherds, remember especially the children and youth of our parish, for the grace to desire God’s will for their lives, and to discern and follow their vocation. Vocation icon schedule: Dec 3 – Prescott family, Dec 10 – Ruby family. (To sign up, please contact Jon & Abby Burke, or Fr. Francis.)
5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.
Our Holy Father Archbishop Nicholas of Myra. Solemn Feast.
5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.
Maternity of Holy Anna. Solemn Feast.
8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
27th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 2.
Cantor: Amy Seyfried, Tim Del Castillo.
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.
During St. Philp’s Fast, we are obliged to observe abstinence from meat foods on Fridays. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.
· Iconography workshop: Come prepare for the Nativity of Christ with an icon-writing workshop at St. George Melkite Greek-Catholic Parish, 1620 Bell Street, Sacramento, CA 95825, on Wednesday, Dec 6th – Saturday, Dec 9th. The workshop will begin at 6:30 pm with the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of St. Nicholas. Tuition is $298. We will be painting the Theotokos of Sweet Kisses. For further information contact Raymond Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text (916)532-2453.