O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. Hilary of Poitiers
At that point, two blind men follow the Lord as he was passing by. But if they could not see, how could the blind men know of the Lord’s departure as well as his name? Moreover, they called him “Son of David” and asked to be made well. In the two blind men, the entire earlier prefiguration is complete. The ruler’s daughter seems to be from these people, namely, the Pharisees and John’s disciples, who already made common cause in testing the Lord. To these unknowing persons the law gave evidence as to the one from whom they sought a cure. It indicated to them that their Savior in the flesh was of the line of David. It also introduced light to the minds of those who were blind from past sins. They could not see Christ but were told about him. The Lord showed them that faith should not be expected as a result of health but health should be expected because of faith. The blind men saw because they believed; they did not believe because they saw. From this we understand that what is requested must be predicated on faith and that faith must not be exercised because of what has been obtained. If they should believe, he offers them sight. And he charges the believers to be silent, for it was exclusively the task of the apostles to preach.
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Peter’s Pence Collection $, Building Fund $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Fr. Patrik, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- Hospitality after Sunday Liturgy. Thank you to Osanna family. For providing hospitality for us last Sunday. Hospitality signup: Jul 11 – Darlene & Theresa; Jul 18 – Murin family; July 25 – open. Please invite our visitors to spend time with us. Please remember to leave the hall in better condition than you found it. Please be mindful of your trash, recycle properly.
- Fireworks sales. Thank you to all who volunteered this week, especially Martin who ran the whole operation, Deacon Tim, Molly and others who spent many hours here. We are in the process of tallying the proceeds, the information upcoming.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093,or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 14 (plus 2 anonymous) households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “According to your faith may it be done to you!” Jesus met the blind men who cried to him for mercy, and he brought them healing. The Church continues this ministry of healing. Are you being called to take part in theis ministry in a special way? Discerning the life of monasticism or holy orders could be a new calling for you as a Christian. Contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email: email@example.com
|Wed||Jul 14th||5:30 PM Vespers.|
|Fri||Jul 16th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Sat||Jul 17th||8:30 AM Divine Liturgy.||Blessed Pavol Peter Gojdic, Bishop and Confessor.|
|Jul 18th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday of the Fathers of the Six Ecumenical Councils. Tone 7. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Oliver Bardin.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment, or come 30 minutes before or after scheduled services.
Fridays in general are days of penance and fasting, we observe the abstinence for meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.