O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. John Chrysostom
Priests have received a power which God has given neither to angels nor to archangels. It was said to them: ‘Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose, shall be loosed.’ Temporal rulers have indeed the power of binding; but they can only bind the body. Priests, in contrast, can bind with a bond which pertains to the soul itself and transcends the very heavens. Did [God] not give them all the powers of heaven? ‘Whose sins you shall forgive,’ he says, ‘they are forgiven them; whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.’ What greater power is there than this? The Father has given all judgment to the Son. And now I see the Son placing all this power in the hands of men [Matt. 10:40; John 20:21–23]
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Catholic Media Collection $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Fr. Patrik, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- Hospitality after Sunday Liturgy. Thank you to Baker family. For providing hospitality for us last Sunday. Hospitality signup: Jul 4 – Osanna family; Jul 11 – Darlene & Theresa; Jul 18 – open; July 25 – open.
- Fireworks sales. We are on our last day today! If you are able to help, please let Martin know at (916) 546-8093, or at email@example.com. Thank you to all who volunteered this week.
- Happy 4th to all of you! Enjoy the celebration, and may God always bless our country!
- EPARCHY OF PHOENIX – LIGHT OF THE WEST MAGAZINE. We want to know what you think. We’re planning to relaunch our eparchial magazine this fall. In preparation, we’d like your opinion on how the magazine can better meet the needs of the faithful. Please take 10 minutes to complete this survey BEFORE JULY 9.Don’t miss this opportunity to play a key role in this initiative! Link to access the survey: https://forms.gle/cJ4cEuvq9ziqbiRw8
- Special Collection: Catholic Communications. Thank you for your support, we have collected $for this cause. You can still contribute, please mark your donation “Catholic Media.”
- Peter’s Pence special collection today. Thisannual collection is taken on the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. Proceeds support charitable and missionary activities of our holy father around the world. Please mark your donation “Peter’s Pence.” Thank you for your generosity.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093,or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 14 (plus 2 anonymous) households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “Son, be of good cheer! Your sins are forgiven!” The faith of the friends of the paralytic brought healing and forgiveness. All of us can do the same in our own lives. Priests, deacons, monks and nuns are especially called to do this in the Church for the life of the world. If this may be something God is calling you to consider, contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email: email@example.com
- THE BYZANTINE CATHOLIC EPARCHY OF PHOENIX subscribes to the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People adopted by the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops. The Eparchy, within all its parishes, institutions and programs, is committed to assuring a safe environment in ministry for its children and young people that conforms to the Charter requirements. For information regarding the Eparchial Safe Environment Program, please contact: Dcn. Michael Hanafin Safe Environment Program Coordinator – Cell: (480) 387-5182 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Sbdcn. Paul F. Kilroy Asst. Safe Environment Program Coordinator Office: (602) 861-9778 – Cell: (702) 498-5972 – Email: email@example.com Dr. Caroline Bonham Victim Assistance Coordinator – Cell: (505) 314-3943 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fri||Jul 9th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Jul 11th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|7th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 6. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Victor Pacheco.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment, or come 30 minutes before or after scheduled services.
Fridays in general are days of penance and fasting, we observe the abstinence for meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.