O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. John Chrysostom
[Jesus said to the demon: Go.] Jesus did not say this, as though persuaded by the demons, but with many designs therein. One, that He might show the mighty power to hurt of these demons, who were in possession of the two men; another, that all might see that they had no power against the swine unless by His sufferance; thirdly, to show that they would have done more grievous hurt to the men, had they not even in their calamities been aided by Divine Providence, for they hate men more than irrational animals. By this it is manifest that there is no man who is not supported by Divine Providence; and if all are not equally supported by it, neither one after one manner of Providence, that it is extended to each man according to his need. Besides the above-mentioned things, we learn also that He cares not only for the whole together, but for each one in particular; which one may see clearly in this demoniac, who would have been long before choked in the deep, had not Divine care reserved them. He also permitted them to go into the herd of swine, so they who dwelt in those parts might know His power. For where He was known to none, there He makes His miracles to shine forth, that He may bring them to a confession of His divinity.
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Building Fund $, gift shop $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Fr. Patrik, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- Hospitality after Sunday Liturgy. Thank you to Murin family. For providing hospitality for us last Sunday. Hospitality signup: Jun 27 – Baker family; Jul 4 – open; Jul 11 – open.
- Fireworks sales will start this week. We are in great need for volunteers to work the booth. We will be unloading fireworks and start selling around 9 am on Wednesday, June 30. For more information contact Martin at (916) 546-8093, or at email@example.com. Signup for shifts is in the back of the church.
- EPARCHY OF PHOENIX – LIGHT OF THE WEST MAGAZINE. We want to know what you think. We’re planning to relaunch our eparchial magazine this fall. In preparation, we’d like your opinion on how the magazine can better meet the needs of the faithful. Please take 10 minutes to complete this survey BEFORE JULY 9.Don’t miss this opportunity to play a key role in this initiative! Link to access the survey: https://forms.gle/cJ4cEuvq9ziqbiRw8
- Special Collection today: Catholic Communications. This special collection is organized by USCCB and benefits various catholic communications media in our nation. Please mark your donation “Catholic Media.” Thank you for your generosity.
- Peter’s Pence special collection next Sunday. This annual collection is taken on the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. Proceeds support charitable and missionary activities of our holy father around the world. Please mark your donation “Peter’s Pence.” Thank you for your generosity.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093,or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 14 (plus 2 anonymous) households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “Go!” This is the one word from our Lord that we hear in today’s gospel, and yet it is a profound one. Jesus can control evil spirits, which was and is a shock to this world. Is he calling you to “go” on a holy path, by discerning a vocation to the priesthood, diaconate, or monastic life? Contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email: email@example.com
|Mon||Jun 28th||5:30 PM Great Vespers.|
|Jun 29th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Prime Apostles Sts. Peter and Paul. Holy Day of Obligation.|
|Jul 4th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|6th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 5. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Del Castillo.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
We are in season of the Apostles’ Fast (May 31-June 28). The minimum fasting observance is the usual abstinence for meat foods on Friday. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.