O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Desert Fathers …
Abba Or said to his disciple Paul, ‘Be careful never to let an irrelevant word come into this cell.’
- Tithes and Donations. Last Sunday, we received in tithes $, donations $, candles $, Building Fund $, gift shop $, Eparchial Appeal $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Fr. Patrik, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie, Viktoria, Emily, Margaret, Patricia. Nadezda.
- Hospitality after Sunday Liturgy. We will be resuming our hospitality (from pre-pandemic times) beginning next Sunday. To take charge, see the signup sheet in the back of the church. When signing up, try to be flexible and expect to provide refreshments for 20-40 people. Paper plates, napkins, utensils are in the hall. We will have coffee, tea and water available. Kitchen can be used to warm up food and to wash dishes. Please remember to leave the common areas better than you found them. You can submit a receipt of goods purchased for hospitality as a donation, if you wish. Also, if you would like to support hospitality fund, free will donations will be taken. Hospitality signup: Jun 27 – Baker family; Jul 4 – open; Jul 11 – open.
- Happy Fathers’ Day to all our fathers! May God bless you with wisdom and love so that you may be icons of our heavenly Father here on earth.
- Cleaning Day – yesterday. Thank you to our few brave men and women who overcame the challenge of the heat and came to help us clean. Thank you for serving all of us. May God grant you many blessed years.
- Fireworks sales will start in a few weeks. We need volunteers to work the booth. We will be unloading fireworks and start selling around 9 am on Wednesday, June 30. For more information contact Martin at (916) 546-8093,or at email@example.com. Signup for shifts is in the back of the church.
- EPARCHY OF PHOENIX – LIGHT OF THE WEST MAGAZINE. We want to know what you think. We’re planning to relaunch our eparchial magazine this fall. In preparation, we’d like your opinion on how the magazine can better meet the needs of the faithful. Please take 10 minutes to complete this survey BEFORE JULY 9.Don’t miss this opportunity to play a key role in this initiative! Link to access the survey: https://forms.gle/cJ4cEuvq9ziqbiRw8
- Special Collection: Catholic Communications. This special collection is organized by USCCB and benefits various catholic communications media in our nation. Please mark your donation “Catholic Media.” Thank you for your generosity.
- “Hot meals for homeless people.” There is a homeless camp off Business Loop 80 at the Marconi Ave. Auburn Blvd. exit. If you would like to help provide 1 hot meal each day for everybody at the camp (there are usually between 7 and 15 people there), you can contact Martin at (916) 546-8093,or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eparchial Appeal 2021. The goal for our parish is $ this year. Please submit your pledge, you can pick up pledge form in the back of the church. Please prayerfully consider what you can donate in support of our church. Let our parish goal be that we all participate in the Appeal this year. To this day, 13 (plus 2 anonymous) households have participated in the Appeal, giving total of $. May God bless you for your generosity.
- From the Eparchial Vocations Office: “Let it be done for you as you have believed.” Jesus brought healing to the centurion’s servant when he sought healing. When we have faith and live it out, our Church can continue to share the love and healing of God to the world. A vocation to holy orders or the monastic life brings that to the Church in a special way. Contact the Vocations Office at 206-329-9219 or email: email@example.com
|Jun 24th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Nativity of St. John the Baptist. Solemn Feast.|
|Fri||Jun 25th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Jun 27th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|5th Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 4. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Richard Agayoff.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
We are in season of the Apostles’ Fast (May 31-June 28). The minimum fasting observance is the usual abstinence for meat foods on Friday. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to the Lord.