O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory to Him forever!
+ Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Basil the Great
Trials are of two kinds. Either affliction will test our souls as gold is tried in a furnace, and make trial of us through patience, or the very prosperity of our lives will oftentimes, for many, be itself an occasion of trial and temptation. For it is equally difficult to keep the soul upright and undefeated in the midst of afflictions, as to keep oneself from insolence and pride in prosperity.
- Dear Parishioners and Friends, during our gatherings, please follow all health and safety precautions issued by civil authorities. Use the space to allow distance between households, follow proper way of receiving Holy Communion. Per parish guidelines, consider your and others’ safety when coming to church, if you feel sick, you can choose to follow Sunday liturgy online, or pray the Typika. When in doubt, consult your decision with your pastor/confessor. During this time, Bishop John granted dispensation to the faithful from attending Sunday services. Please know that you and your intentions are remembered on the altar at St. Philip’s. For confession and other needs, please contact Fr. Francis directly and make an appointment.
- Last Sunday, 51 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s. We received donations in tithes $; donations $, candles $, Gift Shop $, Building Fund $, Clergy Medical Collection $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Diaconate Ordination on November 15. Bishop John will ordain Tim Belke into the diaconate here at St. Philip’s. Divine Liturgy will begin at 10 AM. Due to the health concerns, we will allow only limited number of persons to church on that day, overflow space will be set up in the hall downstairs. All participants will have to wear masks for the entire liturgy. Please let Fr. Francis know if you would like to attend.
- Clergy Medical Special Collection. This annual collection helps our bishop to pay extra cost for priests’ medical insurance. Each parish contributes monthly to this expense, but not the full amount needed. Once a year, the Eparchy seeks to collect extra funds to help cover the cost of priest insurance. Thank you for your generous participation.
- If you cannot come to church for safety, health or other reasons, sanctify your Sunday at home. Join live streaming services (http://liveliturgy.com/) or pray the Typika service. Put on your Sunday clothes, silence your phone, set up your computer in your prayer corner, light a candle, open your prayer book, and join the praying church. Pray a prayer of spiritual communion. May the Lord visit you with many graces.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Margaret, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Carol, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth, Judy, Ruth, Dimitri, Christie.
- Upcoming Online Byzantine Educational/Community Opportunities:Nov 11/11: Crowned With Glory: Understanding the Marriage Covenanthttps://godwithusonline.org/events/crowned-with-glory/?fbclid=IwAR3_2LopK3ut87M_A0fuuKO2JkgOd6woTcvlW4EKL5CaSLM0unmCOL_JCrM
Nov 11/14: Byzantine Catholic Convention 2020: https://byzantineconvention.com/conference-sign-in/
Nov 11/14: Quo Vadis: The Direction of Eastern Catholic Theology, A Pastoral Perspective For the 21st Century: https://www.lumenchristi.org/event/2020/11/Quo-Vadis-Eastern-Catholic-Theology?fbclid=IwAR3M44y0fxZ4O8o248Z_b0ffFbSuFBWoi5JRbmDuROVgN1YCQPUae0CyGVc
- What is “Atrium?” Also called “Catechesis of Good Shepherd,” Atrium uses Maria Montessori age appropriate hands-on approach to catechizing children. At. St. Philip’s, we have a classroom set up for the little ones to touch, see and explore what they see and hear at church. If you would like to join us with your little student or to help with other little students, ask Fr. Francis for more information. Classes will resume when the quarantine ends. Liturgical schedule
Until further notice, social distancing and health safety provisions issued by local government are in place. When at St. Philip’s follow the guidelines issued on May 31.
|Fri||Nov 13th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.||St. John Chrysostom.|
|Nov 15th||8 AM Divine Liturgy.
10 AM Divine Liturgy – ordination to the Diaconate of Tim Belke, by Most Reverend Bishop John of the Eparchy of Phoenix.
|24th Sunday after Pentecost. St. Philip the Apostle – Patron of our Parish. Tone 7.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
Fridays in general are days of fasting and penance, we observe abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our sacrifices to God