O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
*** *** *** *** *
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory to Him forever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Ignatius of Antioch
I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the Bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible. (Letter to the Romans 7:3)
Take care, then, to use one Eucharist, so that whatever you do, you do according to God: For there is one flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ, and one cup in the union of his blood; one altar, as there is one bishop with the presbytery… (Letter to the Philadelphians 4:1)
They [i.e. the Gnostics] abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in his goodness, raised up again. (Letter to Smyrnians 7:1)
- Dear Parishioners and Friends, please follow all health and safety precautions issued by civil authorities. For St. Philip’s specific guidelines, read the document sent to you on May 31. Bishop Thomas has now ended the dispensation from Sunday and holy days attendance, which means we are encouraged to fully resume public prayer and sacramental life in our parish. Per parish guidelines, consider your and others’ safety when coming to church, if you feel sick, you can choose to follow Sunday liturgy via Facebook. When in doubt, consult your decision with your pastor/confessor. Please know that you and your intentions are remembered on the altar at St. Philip’s. For confession and other needs, please contact Fr. Francis directly and make an appointment.
- Last Sunday, 60+ souls came to pray at St. Philip’s. We received donations in: tithes $; donations $, Building Fund $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Live streaming of liturgical services. You can find multiple churches streaming at various times of day at http://liveliturgy.com/ Put on your Sunday clothes, silence your phone, set up your computer in your prayer corner, light a candle, open your prayer book, and join the praying church. Pray a prayer of spiritual communion. May the Lord visit you with many graces.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. George, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Thomas, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John, Elizabeth.
- Global Rosary Relay for Priests on June 19. St. Philip’s is joining, once again, in prayer for our priests. Our time slot is 5:45 AM – we will pray the Akathist to the Holy Mother of God and insert kontakia to honor the sorrowful mysteries of the Holy Rosary. After we send off the relay, we’ll celebrate Divine Liturgy at 6:30. All are welcome to attend.
- Ice Cream Sandwich Sale. Organized by our youth group “Fellowship of the Lake,”this fundraiser is to benefit our annual retreat trip at the lake. Since our lodging is costly this year, we are in need of sponsors and fundraising. Please consider stocking your freezer with good quality homemade treats – original cookie recipe and Leatherby’s vanilla/choc mint/cookies ‘n cream ice cream. You can order by filling out the form (on the attached flier) and giving it to Fr. Francis (parish office/collection basket) or simply put your order into an email and send to email@example.com. You must order by June 25, pickup or deliveries on July 1.
- Apostles’ Fast, also known as Peter’s Fast, began on June 8 (it concludes on the Eve of the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul on June 28). This is one of the four fasting seasons in our liturgical year. No special fasting rule has been issued by our bishop, the faithful can at minimum observe abstinence from meat foods on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Construction update. Our construction is on hold, to complete the bell tower, we need to wait for a tall lift. Almost there! The final cost of the new roof will be published in a future bulletin. If you would like to contribute to this project, simply mark your donation “new roof” and we’ll use it to pay the bill. Thank you for your generosity. We pray for the safety of our workers, for God’s blessing upon their work, and for good (cool and dry) weather.
Eparchial Appeal 2020 concluded on May 31. We have reached our monetary goal, but have fallen short of 100% participation. If you have it in your heart to contribute a symbolic amount to this year’s Appeal, you can do so, use the pledge card that was mailed to your home, or ask Fr. Francis for one. Please send you pledge cards and donations directly to the Eparchy of Phoenix. To donate online, go to: http://ephx.org/giving/.
Until further notice, social distancing and health safety provisions issued by local government are in place. When at St. Philip’s follow the guidelines issued on May 31.
|Jun 15th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Jun 17th||5:30 PM Akathist to the Holy Mother of God.|
|Jun 19th||5:45 AM Akathistos (in union with Global Rosary Relay for Priests)
6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Holy Apostle Jude.|
|Jun 21st||8:30 Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|2nd Sunday after Pentecost. Tone 2.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
Fridays in general are days of fasting and penance, we observe abstinence from meat foods. During the time of Apostles’ fast, we are encouraged to take on a stricter fasting discipline. Let us remember one another as we offer our sacrifices to God.