O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Desert Fathers …
St. Ignatius of Antioch
For as many as are of God and of Jesus Christ are also with the bishop. And as many as shall, in the exercise of penance, return into the unity of the Church, these, too, shall belong to God, that they may live according to Jesus Christ….For where there is division and wrath, God does not dwell. To all them that repent, the Lord grants forgiveness, if they turn in penitence to the unity of God, and to communion with the bishop.
St. John Chrysostom
Priests have received a power which God has given neither to angels nor to archangels. It was said to them: “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose, shall be loosed.” Temporal rulers have indeed the power of binding: but they can only bind the body. Priests, in contrast, can bind with a bond which pertains to the soul itself and transcends the very heavens. Did [God] not give them all the powers of heaven? “Whose sins you shall forgive,” he says, “they are forgiven them; whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.” The Father has given all judgment to the Son. And now I see the Son placing all this power in the hands of men. They are raised to this dignity as if they were already gathered up to heaven.
- Dear Parishioners and Friends, the situation with corona pandemic continues, we are not able to pray together at St. Philip’s. I will remember all of you and your intentions when I pray Divine Liturgy. If you have any need or are available to help others in some, please let Fr. Francis know. Stay safe and healthy, wash your hands, go on walks. Pray that we meet at St. Philip’s for Pascha.
- Last week, St. Philip’s Parish received donations: tithes $, Easter collection $, building fund donations $. Thank you for your generosity, may God bless you always.
- Live streaming of liturgical services. You can find multiple churches streaming at various times of day at http://liveliturgy.com/ Put on your Sunday clothes, silence your phone, set up your computer in your prayer corner, light a candle, open your prayer book, and join the praying church. Pray a prayer of spiritual communion. May the Lord visit you with many graces.
- Palm Sunday is next Sunday. If you would like to have blessed willows and palms at your home, please let Fr. Francis know.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Michael, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John, Jeffrey.
- Eparchial Appeal 2020 is upon us. The goal of the Appeal is for every household to contribute. Our Parish goal is $, to this day, 2 households participated, giving total of $. You can pick up the envelope with information and pledge form at the narthex of the church. Please send you pledge cards and donations directly to the Eparchy of Phoenix. Please support our Eparchy, support our Church.
- Liturgical schedule Until further notice, all public services at St. Philip’s are cancelled. All faithful of Our Eparchy are dispensed from attending liturgical services.
|Palm Sunday. Tone 2.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
During the Great Fast, we observe at minimum abstinence from meat foods on Wednesdays and Fridays. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.