O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Desert Fathers …
St. Anthony the Great
The truly intelligent man pursues one sole objective: to obey and conform to the God of all. With this single aim in view, he disciplines his soul, and whatever he may encounter in the course of his life, he gives thanks to God for the compass and depth of His providential ordering of all things.
For it is absurd to be grateful to doctors who give us bitter and unpleasant medicines to cure our bodies, and yet to be ungrateful to God for what appears to us to be harsh, not grasping that all we encounter is for our benefit and in accordance with His providence. For knowledge of God and faith in Him is the salvation and perfection of the soul.
The soul is greater than the body: the body becomes sick, and with that it is finished. But a spiritual sickness extends into eternity. Deliver us, O lord, from such illness, and grant us healing.
- Dear Parishioners and Friends, we will not pray at our church today. This Great Fast we all encounter a surprising and a sad new meaning of the word “fast” – we won’t be able to worship God at church. Please know you are in my prayers, and I ask for yours. I forwarded some prayer resources to you, for this time, if you would like to borrow a pew book or need a printed copy of Typika, Spiritual Communion prayer, Akathistos or any other I may have, let me know. Whether you choose to pray the Typika (Office for times when Divine Liturgy is not celebrated), or follow one of the live streaming internet sites, or choose another way to sanctify the Lord’s Day, let us call on the Lord’s mercy with one voice. I will remember all of you and your intentions when I pray Divine Liturgy. If you need any additional assistance for this time, do not hesitate to ask. When in need of Confession or Holy Anointing, call for an appointment. Stay safe and healthy, wash your hands, go on walks. Pray that we meet at St. Philip’s for Pascha.
- Live streaming of liturgical services. You can find multiple churches streaming at various times of day at http://liveliturgy.com/ Put on your Sunday clothes, silence your phone, set up your computer in your prayer corner, light a candle, open your prayer book, and join the praying church. Pray a prayer of spiritual communion. May the Lord visit you with many graces.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Stephen, Fr. Michael, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John, Jeffrey.
- Sixth Annual Fish Fry and Pirohy Dinner is cancelled this year.
- Eparchial Appeal 2020 is upon us. The goal of the Appeal is for every household to contribute. Our Parish goal is $5888, to this day, 2 households participated, giving total of $600. You can pick up the envelope with information and pledge form at the narthex of the church. Please send your pledge cards and donations directly to the Eparchy of Phoenix. Please support our Eparchy, support our Church.
- Liturgical schedule: Until further notice, all public services at St. Philip’s are cancelled. All faithful of Our Eparchy are dispensed from attending liturgical services.
|March 22nd||Readings: Hebrews 6: 13-20
Mark 9: 17-31
|4th Sunday of the Great Fast – St. John of the Ladder. Tone 8.|
|March 25th||Readings: Hebrews 2: 11-18
Luke 1: 24-38
|Annunciation to the Theotokos. Solemn Feast.|
|March 28th||Readings: Hebrews 9: 24-28
Mark 8: 27-31
|Sun||March 29th||Readings: Hebrews 9: 11-14
Mk 10: 32-45
|5th Sunday of Great Fast – Mary of Egypt. Tone 1.|
For Confession, please call Fr. Francis for an appointment.
During the Great Fast, we observe at minimum abstinence from meat foods on Wednesdays and Fridays. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.