O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
St. Gregory of Nazianzus
Let not our dwelling-place blaze with visible light and resound with minstrelsy, for this indeed is the custom of the Greek holy-month, but let us not honor God with these things and exalt the present season with unbecoming rites, but with purity of soul and cheerfulness of mind and with lamps which enlighten the whole body of the Church, i.e. with divine contemplations and thoughts
Apart from honoring the relics of martyrs, it is the custom, through all the Churches of the East, that when the gospels are to be read lights are kindled, though the sun is already shining, not, indeed, to dispel darkness, but to exhibit a token of joy … and that, under the figure of bodily light, that light may be set forth of which we read in the psalter ‘thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my paths.
- Last Sunday, 41 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, Donations $, Building fund $, gift shop $, candles $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Stephen, Fr. Michael, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Feb 2 – Victor and Theresa Pacheco, Feb 9 – open, Feb 16 – Murin family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Darlene Janson who provided hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Electrical work to our church. Updates to our electrical system are now complete. This week, the electrician replaced the old line to the air conditioners, which was insufficient, and performed minor updates to the classroom and gift shop area. Our total bill for the electrical work comes to $. Thank you for your generosity that made these updates possible. Enjoy the new outlets!
- Annual Fire Inspection. We have a list of corrections to make and reschedule our inspection.
- Church insurance. Our insurance reinstated our policy, with some limitations, which are related to our roof. We need to replace our roof to receive full coverage again. Keep your prayers coming.
- All Souls Saturdays are days dedicated to praying for our departed brothers and sisters. Please remember to submit the list of your family members (last name of your family, and first names of those you wish remembered) to the parish office. The first All Souls is on February 15. Liturgical schedule
|Feb 4th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Feb 7th||5:30 PM Vespers.|
|Feb 9th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday of the Prodigal son. Leave-taking of the Encounter. Tone 2. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Tim Belke.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.The week before the Sunday of the Prodigal son is traditionally fast-free, no fast or abstinence required this Friday. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.