O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church
St. Justin the Martyr
As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly . . . are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Except you be born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’
- Last Sunday, 42 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, Donations $, Building fund $, gift shop $, candles $, Bake Sale $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Stephen, Fr. Michael, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jan 12 – Murin family; Jan 19 – Prescott family and celebration potluck; Jan 26 – open. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Murin family who provided hospitality for us last Sunday.
Ordination Potluck. Please coordinate with Betsy Prescott if you plan to help with the meal.
- Ordination to the Subdiaconate of our Tim Belke, by Most Reverend Bishop John Pazak of the Holy Protection of Mary Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix, will take place on January 12, here at St. Philip the Apostle Church. The celebration will begin at 9:30, and will be followed by potluck hospitality meal.
- Most Reverend Bishop John will be visiting our parish next weekend. He will be at the parish on Saturday in the afternoon, then Sunday. If you would like to meet him, come to St. Philip’s or inquire with Fr. Francis about an appointment time.
- Our air conditioner and heater have been replaced. Thanks be to God. I hope it will work for many years. Thank you for your generosity that allowed for this project to be completed.
- Theophany Blessing of Homes. If you would like Father to come and bless your home, please let him know, sign up sheet is in the parish hall.
- 2019 ONLINE EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS – All courses are offered as live webinars, free of charge. Register at: www.EasternCatholic.org/eventsBaptized into Christ The Mystery of Initiation & Identity of the People of God – by Rev. Sebastian Carnazzo, Wednesdays, January 8, 15, & 22 @5:00-6:00 pm PSTLiturgical schedule
|Mon||Jan 6th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil.||Theophany of Our Lord. Holy Day of Obligation.|
|Jan 12th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday after the Theophany (31). Cantor: All. Reader: Tim Belke.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.Fridays in general are days of simple fast, we observe abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.