O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
Christ is Born! Glorify Him! + Chritos Razdajetsja! Slavite Jeho!
From the Canon of the Nativity of Our Lord
Heaven brought the first fruits of the Gentiles as a gift for Thee: A star summoned the wise men to the babe in the manger. They were amazed to see neither throne nor scepter, but only abject poverty. What is more humble than a cave? What is more lowly than swaddling clothes? Yet the riches of Thy divinity shone through all these. O Lord, glory to Thee!
Let the heavens rejoice and let the earth be glad! The Lamb of God has been born on earth, Granting redemption to the world. The Word, Who rests in the bosom of the Father, Has come forth without seed from the Virgin. The wise men were struck with amazement, Seeing Him born as an infant in Bethlehem. Let all creation glorify Him!
- Last Sunday, 52 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, Donations $, Building fund $, gift shop $, candles $, Bake Sale $, Bequest into the Building Fund (Walter Gerlach) $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Stephen, Fr. Michael, Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Slawomir and Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer, John.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Dec 29 – Murin family, Jan 5 – open, Jan 12 – Prescott family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Amy Seyfried who provided hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Ordination to the Subdiaconate of our Tim Belke, by Most Reverend Bishop John Pazak of the Holy Protection of Mary Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix, will take place on January 12, here at St. Philip the Apostle Church. Mark your calendars, more details to follow.
- Theophany Blessing of Homes. If you would like father to come and bless your home, please let him know, sign up sheet is in the parish hall.
- Special collection – Retirement Fund for Religious. We have collected $ for this cause. Thank you for your generosity. If you would like to support our retired religious, you can still make donation, please mark it “Retired Religious.”
- Our Nut Rolls (and some other kind) are on sale, great prices. Use them for your Christmas meal or keep them frozen for later, now is time to take them home. Everything must go! For service, ask Amy, Father Francis, Darlene or Elizabeth.
- 2019 ONLINE EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS – All courses are offered as live webinars, free of charge. Register at: www.EasternCatholic.org/eventsThe Gift of God – by Rev. David Anderson; Preparing for the Feast of the Nativity, Wednesday, you can find the recording on https://vimeo.com/380559505
|Wed||Jan 1st||9:30 AM Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil.||Circumcision of Our Lord. Solemn Feast. Saint Basil the Great.|
|Jan 3rd||7 AM Royal Hours of the Theophany.||Simple Fast.|
|Jan 5th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
1 PM Great Vespers of Theophany. Blessing of water.
|Sunday before the Theophany (30). Vigil of the Theophany. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Richard Agayoff.|
|Mon||Jan 6th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil.||Theophany of Our Lord. Holy Day of Obligation.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.Friday January 3 is a day of simple fast, according to our Typikon, we observe abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.