O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
xxx xxx xxx xxx
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. Justin the Martyr
And this food is called among us Εὐχαριστία [the Eucharist], of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh.
- Last Sunday, 46 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, candles $, donations $, Clergy Medical $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol, Nash, Michael, Jennifer.
- Hospitality signup sheet:Nov 3 – Baker family, Nov 10 – Parish Potluck, Nov 17 – Agayoff family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Prescott family for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Christmas in Eastern Europe Festival is on November 9, here at St. Philip’s. Our doors open at 10 AM. Please join us for a day of fellowship and good food, invite family and friends. If you can volunteer for our festival, please let Fr. Francis know.
- Holubki cooking day – we will get together to prepare holubki on November 7 at 11:00. For more details, contact Darlene Janson.
- Cleaning Day – on November 1. Thank you much for coming to help. Many hands made the work easy. Thank you for your time and hard work.
- Amazon Smile Did you know that you can support St. Philip’s effortlessly through your online shopping with Amazon.com through the Amazon Smile program? To get started, login to Amazon through the website smile.amazon.com. The first time you login, you will be directed to choose a charity for your donations. Search for “St. Philip the Apostle Byzantine Catholic Church Sacramento” and select us. When you return to do your shopping, be sure to go to smile.amazon.com instead of the regular Amazon site. Every time you make a purchase through this website, Amazon will donate .5% of eligible purchases to our parish.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. We received a proposal for the job, it’s almost $15,000 to complete the project. Advisory board will evaluate the proposal, so we can start the work. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
- 2019 ONLINE EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS – All courses are offered as live webinars, free of charge. Register at: www.EasternCatholic.org/eventsUnlocking the Mystery – by Joshua Mangels; An introduction to Eastern Christian Bible Study, Wednesdays, November 6 & 13 @ 5:00-6:00 pm PSTThe Gift of God – by Rev. David Anderson; Preparing for the Feast of the Nativity, Wednesday, December 16 @5:00-6:00 pm PST
|6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Archangel Michael and all Angels. Solemn Feast.|
|8 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Nov 10th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|22nd Sunday after Pentecost. Parish Celebration of St. Philip the Apostle. Tone 5.Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Belke.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment.Fridays in general are days of penance and fasting, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Our parishioners who observe the Feast of the Michael the Archangel are dispensed from fast this week. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.