O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Augustine of Hippo
Some people, certainly, find very surprising what the Lord said in the Gospel, “Nobody has ascended into heaven, except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven.” How, they ask, can the Son of man be said to have come down from heaven, when it was here that he was taken on in the Virgin’s womb? People who say this are not to be rejected but instructed. I think, you see, that they are raising this question out of piety but are not yet able to understand what they are inquiring about. They do not realize, I mean, that the divinity took on the humanity in such a way as to become one person, God and man; and that the humanity was attached to the divinity in such a way that Word, soul and flesh were the one Christ. And that is why it could be said, “No one has ascended into heaven, except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven.”
- Last Sunday, 50+ souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, candles $, donations $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas, Ellen, Ernestina, Carol.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Sep 8 – Darlene Janson, Sep 15 – Victor & Theresa Pacheco. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Prescott family for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Thank you for a nice “surprise” anniversary celebration and a beautiful gift last Sunday, it was truly heartwarming. May God bless you for your kindness.
- Check out our resurrected gift shop, it is beautiful! You can buy booklets, cards, small gifts and more. Proceeds from sales go towards new inventory and to our parish. If you have ideas about what items you would like to see in our gift shop, let Fr. Francis know.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. We are one step closer, now looking for a contractor to complete this project. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
- 2019 ONLINE EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS – All courses are offered as live webinars, free of charge. Register at: www.EasternCatholic.org/events
The Gift of God – by Rev. David Anderson; Preparing for the Feast of the Nativity, Wednesday, December 16 @5:00-6:00 pm PST
- Our Lady of the Rosary Maronite Catholic Church invites to to their annual American Lebanese & Middle Eastern Festival on October 12-13. For details, go to: www.maronite-sac.org.
|Tue||Sep 10th||6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.||+ faithful departed (by Susan Abdalah)|
|Fri||Sep 13th||5:30 PM Great Vespers.|
|Sat||Sep 14th||8:30 AM Divine Liturgy.||Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Solemn Feast.|
|Sun||Sep 15th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday after the Exaltation (14). Tone 5. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Del Castillo.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance and fasting, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Feast of the Exaltation (Sep 14) is by tradition a fasting day, we observe strict abstinence from meat and dairy foods. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.