O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Justin the Martyr
For we do not receive these things as common bread nor common drink; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior having been incarnate by God’s logos took both flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food eucharistized through the word of prayer that is from Him, from which our blood and flesh are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who became incarnate.
St. Iraeneus of Lyon
For as the bread, which is produced from the earth, when it receives the invocation of God, is no longer common bread, but the Eucharist, consisting of two realities, earthly and heavenly; so also our bodies, when they receive the Eucharist, are no longer corruptible, having the hope of the resurrection to eternity.
- Last Sunday, 67 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, candles $, donations $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Aug 4 – Molly Carlson, Aug 11 – Victor &Theresa Pacheco, Aug 18 – Agayoff family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to all for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Dormition Fast. This is one of four fasting seasons in our liturgical year, begins on August 1 and concludes on the Eve of Dormition Feast, August 14.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. Our current system is 20 and 28 years old, and after multiple repairs, and leaks that just won’t go away, it is time. We hope to put new equipment in the attic, and replace the older one of the outside units. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
- You are invited to the Annual Pilgrimage at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Shrine in Olympia, WA, August 16-18. This is the 20th annual pilgrimage to our Eparchial Shrine. The program begins on Friday evening, carries through all of Saturday, and concludes with Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Variety of talks and activities for youth and adults, liturgical services, and opportunity to go to confession or have an individual conversation with a priest make for a great spiritual retreat. For more information, visit www.olph-shrine.org, or see a flier by the church bulletin board.
- Liturgical schedule
|Aug 6th||5:30 p.m. Divine Liturgy. Blessing of Grapes and First-Fruits.||Solemn Feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ|
|Aug 8th||5:30 PM Vespers.|
|Aug 11th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|9th Sunday after Pentecost.Tone 8. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Tim Belke.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. During Dormition Fast, the minimum fasting discipline is simple abstinence from meat foods on Wednesdays and Fridays. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.