O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. John Chrysostom
The blind men did not follow his instruction but immediately became preachers and evangelists. Though asked to hide what had been done, they revealed it. Remember that elsewhere he had said to a different hearer, “Return to your home and declare how much God has done for you.” This does not run contrary to what he says here but complementary to it. For it teaches us that we should say nothing about ourselves. In fact, it even teaches that we should prevent those who want to praise us from doing so. But it also teaches that if the glory would be offered up to God, not only should we not prevent this but we should even command that it be done.
- Last Sunday, 42 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, donation youth trip $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jul 28 – open, Aug 4 – Molly Carlson, Aug 11 – Victor &Theresa Pacheco, Aug 18 – Agayoff family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to all for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. Our current system is 20 and 28 years old, and after multiple repairs, and leaks that just won’t go away, it is time. We hope to put new equipment in the attic, and replace the older one of the outside units. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
You are invited to the Annual Pilgrimage at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Shrine in Olympia, WA, August 16-18. This is the 20th annual pilgrimage to our Eparchial Shrine. The program begins on Friday evening, carries through all of Saturday, and concludes with Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Variety of talks and activities for youth and adults, liturgical services, and opportunity to go to confession or have an individual conversation with a priest make for a great spiritual retreat.
For more information, visit www.olph-shrine.org, or see a flier by the church bulletin board.
|Jul 29th||7 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Thu||Aug 1st||5:30 PM Vespers. Small Blessing of Water.||Procession with the Holy Glorious and Life-Giving Cross.|
|Aug 2nd||9:00 AM Visitation.
9:30 AM Funeral and Burial Service for Theresa Esquerra
|Aug 4th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|8th Sunday after Pentecost.Tone 7. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Del Castillo.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.