O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Desert Fathers …
An elder said, “If somebody retains the memory of one who afflicted him, dishonored him, grieved him, or injured him, he ought to remember that person as a physician sent by Christ and ought to hold him to be a benefactor. The very fact that you are hurt by such things indicates that your soul is sick, for if you were not sick, you would not suffer. You ought to be happy to have such a brother, for it is through him that you become aware of your own illness. You ought to pray for him and receive that which comes from him as a healing medicine sent by the Lord. If, on the other hand, you resent him, in effect you are saying to Jesus, “I do not wish to receive your cures; I prefer to fester in my wounds.”
- Last Sunday, 54 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, gift shop $, air conditioner $, youth camp $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jul 21 – open, Jul 28 – open, Aug 4 – Victor & Theresa Pacheco. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Darlene Janson for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. Our current system is 20 and 28 years old, and after multiple repairs, and leaks that just won’t go away, it is time. We hope to put new equipment in the attic, and replace the older one of the outside units. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
- You are invited to the Annual Pilgrimage at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Shrine in Olympia, WA, August 16-18. This is the 20th annual pilgrimage to our Eparchial Shrine. The program begins on Friday evening, carries through all of Saturday, and concludes with Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Variety of talks and activities for youth and adults, liturgical services, and opportunity to go to confession or have an individual conversation with a priest make for a great spiritual retreat. For more information, visit www.olph-shrine.org, or see a flier by the church bulletin board.
- Liturgical schedule
|Jul 22nd||7 AM Divine Liturgy.||St. Mary Magdalene.|
|Jul 25th||5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Dormition of St. Anna.|
|Jul 28th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|7th Sunday after Pentecost.Tone 6. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Richard Agayoff.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.