O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. John Chrysostom
Jesus did not say this, as though persuaded by the demons, but with many designs therein. One, that He might show the mighty power to hurt of these demons, who were in possession of the two men; another, that all might see that they had no power against the swine unless by His sufferance; thirdly, to show that they would have done more grievous hurt to the men, had they not even in their calamities been aided by Divine Providence, for they hate men more than irrational animals. By this it is manifest that there is no man who is not supported by Divine Providence; and if all are not equally supported by it, neither one after one manner of Providence, that it is extended to each man according to his need. Besides the above-mentioned things, we learn also that He cares not only for the whole together, but for each one in particular; which one may see clearly in this demoniac, who would have been long before choked in the deep, had not Divine care reserved them. He also permitted them to go into the herd of swine, so they who dwelt in those parts might know His power. For where He was known to none, there He makes His miracles to shine forth, that He may bring them to a confession of His divinity.
- Last Sunday, 50 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, candles $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Mel, Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael, Adam, Thomas.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jul 14 – Darlene Janson, Jul 21 – open. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to the Del Castillo family for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Blessing of cars and other means of transportation, on the occasion of the feast of the Holy Prophet Elijah (July 20), will take place next Sunday, July 21, in the church parking lot, following our Divine Liturgy. Bring your cars, bikes, scooters, wheelchairs, etc.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. Our current system is 20 and 28 years old, and after multiple repairs, and leaks that just won’t go away, it is time. We hope to put new equipment in the attic, and replace the older one of the outside units. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
You are invited to the Annual Pilgrimage at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Shrine in Olympia, WA, August 16-18. This is the 20th annual pilgrimage to our Eparchial Shrine. The program begins on Friday evening, carries through all of Saturday, and concludes with Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Variety of talks and activities for youth and adults, liturgical services, and opportunity to go to confession or have an individual conversation with a priest make for a great spiritual retreat. For more information, visit www.olph-shrine.org, or see a flier by the church bulletin board.
|There will be no weekday liturgy at St. Philip’s this week.|
|Jul 21st||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|6th Sunday after Pentecost.Tone 5. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Steve Prescott.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.