O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. John Chrysostom
If your eyes were completely blind, would you choose to wear gold and silk? Wouldn’t you consider your sound health to be more desirable than mere externals? For if you should lose your health or waste it, all the rest of your life would be unhappily affected. For just as when the eyes are blinded, some of the ability of the other members is diminished, their light being quenched, so also when the mind is depraved, your life will be filled with countless evils. As therefore in the body it is our aim to keep the eye sound, so also it should be our aim to keep the mind sound in relation to the soul. But if we destroy this, which ought to give light to the rest, by what means are we to see clearly anymore? For as he who destroys the spring may also dry up the river, so he who has quenched the understanding may have con-founded all his actions in this life. So it is said, “If the light that is in you be darkness, how great is the darkness?” For when the pilot is drowned, when the candle is put out, when the general is taken prisoner, what sort of hope will remain for those that are under his command?
- Last Sunday, 56 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, Pirohy $, donations $, giftshop $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Adam, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jun 30 – Prescott family, Jul 7 – Del Castillo family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to the Baker family for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Summer Bible Camp at St. Philip’s, June 30 – July 4. Say a prayer for our campers! Join us for the closing Divine Liturgy on July 4.
- Fireworks signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to those who already signed up and spent time at the booth. As always, we are in need of volunteers. To help when you’re most needed and with questions, see Steve Prescott. Thank you for giving of your time to help our parish pay the largest bill of the year – property insurance. Please advertise to your neighbors and friends, invite them to buy fireworks from us.
- Air conditioner at church will be replaced soon. Our current system is 20 and 28 years old, and after multiple repairs, and leaks that just won’t go away, it is time. We hope to put new equipment in the attic, and replace the older one of the outside units. We have some funds allocated for this project, now you have an opportunity to participate. When you make a donation, please mark it “air conditioner,” we will direct it to our building fund and use it to finance this important project. Thank you for your generosity.
- Special Collection: Catholic Communications Campaign Thank you for your generosity and support of the Church’s mission through the media world. We collected $ total.
- Special Collection today: Peter’s Pence – this annual collection is in support of our holy father’s missionary and charitable efforts. Collected funds are distributed to Christians around the globe according to intentions of Pope Francis. Thank you for your support.
- Liturgical schedule
|Jul 2nd||7 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Jul 4th||9 AM Divine Liturgy.||Independence Day.|
|Jun 7th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|4th Sunday after Pentecost.Tone 3. Cantor: Amy Seyfried. Reader: Tim Del Castillo.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance, we observe simple abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.