O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever! + Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Gregory the Great
And my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.’ My friends, consider the greatness of this solemn feast that commemorates God’s coming as a guest into our hearts! If some rich and influential friend were to come to your home, you would promptly put it all in order for fear something there might offend your friend’s eyes when he came in. Let all of us then who are preparing our inner homes for God cleanse them of anything our wrongdoing has brought into them.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem
‘And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit’ (Acts 2:3-4). They partook of fire, not of burning but of saving fire; of fire which consumes the thorns of sins, but gives luster to the soul. This is now coming upon you also, and that to strip away and consume your sins which are like thorns, and to brighten yet more that precious possession of your souls, and to give you grace; for He gave it then to the Apostles. And He sat upon them in the form of fiery tongues, that they might crown themselves with new and spiritual diadems by fiery tongues upon their heads. A fiery sword barred of old the gates of Paradise; a fiery tongue which brought salvation restored the gift. St. Cyril of Jerusalem (Catechetical Lectures: Lecture 17 no. 15)
St. Ephrem the Syrian
The Holy Spirit longs to find the gates of our heart, so that He may enter in and dwell there, and sanctify it; and He goes round about to all the gates to see where He may enter. ”
- Last Sunday, 46 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $, donations $, candles $, Fish Fry $, Bishop’s Appeal $. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Please consider making St. Philip’s parish a part of your estate planning.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Marcus, Fr. Chris, Fr. Randall, Fr. Ted, Fr. Jozef, Fr. Peter, Fr. Michal, Sr. Patricia, Br. Gideon, Gary and Ingrid, Margaret and Don, Walter, Adam, Margaret, Oceana, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Curtis, Ronald, Jeannine, Taylor, Lorrie, Frances, Alex, Leroy, Michael.
- Hospitality signup sheet: Jun 9 – potluck, Jun 16 – Victor and Theresa Pacheco, Jun 23 – Baker family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the signup sheet is in the parish hall. Thank you to Murin family for providing hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Akathist – in union with Global Rosary Relay for Priests on June 28 at 5:45 AM – a beautiful idea, to support our priests with prayer … around the clock … and around the Globe. Come join us. After we hand off the prayer chain to another location, we’ll celebrate Divine Liturgy and enjoy light breakfast.
- Fireworks signup sheet is in the parish hall. Please consider volunteering your time this year. For further details and questions, see Steve Prescott.
- Upcoming events: * Sunday of All Saints – June 16
*Akathist – in Union with Global Rosary Relay for Priests – June 28
*Fireworks Fundraiser – June 28-July 4
|Mon||Jun 10th||7 AM Divine Liturgy.||Pentecost Monday.|
|Jun 16th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Office of the 3rd Hour
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|1st Sunday after Pentecost – All Saints. Cantor: Tim Del Castillo. Reader: Steve Prescott.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Fridays in general are days of penance, we observe abstinence from meat foods. Let us remember one another as we offer of prayers and sacrifices to God.