Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church…
St. John Climacus
If the Holy Spirit is peace of soul, as He is said to be, and as He is in reality, and if anger is disturbance of heart, as it actually is and as it is said to be, then nothing so prevents His presence in us as anger.
St. Simeon the New Theologian
A house roof is held up by the foundations and the rest of the building, and the foundation and the rest of the building are laid to hold the roof – since both are necessary and useful – and neither is the roof built without the foundations and the rest of the house, nor can foundations and walls without roof make a building fit to live in. So it is with the soul: the grace of the Holy Spirit is preserved by keeping the commandments, and the keeping of the commandments is the foundation laid for receiving the gifts of God’s grace. Neither does the grace of the Holy Spirit remain in us without our obeying the commandments, nor can obeying the commandments be useful and salutary without Divine grace.
· Last Sunday, 70 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $___, candles $__, donations $__, Bishop’s Appeal: $___. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
· Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Ted, Fr. Brendan, Sr. Patricia, Sr. Maria Rose OP, Oceana, Gary and Ingrid, Tom, Margaret and Don, Walter, Adam, Joan, Margaret, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Curtis, Joseph, Theresa, Emily, Ronald, Janet, Michael, Taylor, Margaret, Lorrie, Mary, Jude.
· Hospitality sign-up sheet: May 22 – Baker family, May 29 – Janson family, Jun 5 – open. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the list is in the parish hall. Thank you to Agayoff family for providing hospitality meal for us last Sunday.
· St. Philip’s Rummage Sale, this Saturday, May 21st. If you would like to contribute some rummage to benefit our sale, you may bring it on the day of the sale. Volunteers always needed, especially to set up in the morning, if you are available, please help. For details, ask Marion Williams, or Robert Dean.
· Bishop’s Appeal – we are in the final two weeks of the Appeal! Please review your pledge! Still time to join in, if you have not done so yet. If we reach our goal, we will receive 30% rebate back to our parish. When contributing, make your check to “St. Philip the Apostle,” please mark your donation as “Bishop’s Appeal.”
· Alive in Christ 2016 – this “ascetical boot camp” retreat is to take place Thu-Sun, July 14-17th at Treacy Levine Center at Camp Brotherhood in Mount Vernon, WA. Parish boys from 7 to 17 years of age and their fathers are invited to attend. The camp aims at helping young men mature in their Catholic faith and a life of authentic Christian discipleship by means of an intensive spiritual program coupled with recreation and friendship building. Application forms and further information are now available. Application and tuition are due by May 20th(Deadline has been extended!!). For further details, please contact Fr. Michael O’Loughlin, Eparchial Vocations Director, at 720-254-9219 or email@example.com; of Fr. Michael Mandelas, Assistant Vocations Director, at 206-799-4917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· SAVE THE DATE: The Myrrh-Bearers Retreat will be held from Friday, June 24th to Sunday, June 26th at the Franciscan Renewal Center, Scottsdale, AZ. Journey to Holiness is the theme for this Retreat. All girls, 7-11, teens 12-17 and women 18+ are invited to attend this annual Retreat. Fliers will be available in mid-April for Registrations. PLAN NOW TO ATTEND!
Mon May 16th
5:30 PM Divine Liturgy.
Pentecost Monday – Holy Trinity.
Thu May 19th
5:30 PM Vespers.
Sun May 22nd
8:30 AM Confessions.
9:00 AM Divine Liturgy with Baptism.
Sunday of All Saints.
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. The Friday after the feast of Pentecost is a free Friday – no fasting is observed. Enjoy the feast!