Christos Voskres! Voistinu Vosrkes! + Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
From the Fathers of the Church …
Saint Irenaeus of Lyon
The slip of a vine planted in the ground bears fruit at the proper time. The grain of wheat falls into the ground and decays only to be raised up again and multiplied by the Spirit of God who sustains all things.
The Wisdom of God places these things, the fruit and the grain, at the service of man, and when they receive God’s word they become the Eucharist, which is the Body and Blood of Christ.
In the same way our bodies, which have been nourished by the Eucharist, will be buried in the earth and will decay. But they will rise again at the appointed time, for the Word of God will raise them up to the glory of God the Father.
Then the Father will clothe our mortal nature in immortality, and freely endow our corruptible nature with incorruptibility, for God’s power is shown most perfectly in weakness.
Saint Gregory the Theologian
On this Great Day, Christ is called from among the dead which he had emulated. On this day he repelled death’s sting, laid low the gloomy confines of hell, and granted freedom to the souls. On this day, risen from the tomb, He appeared to people for whom he had been born, had died, and been awakened from the dead, so that we, having been reborn and escaped death, might be resurrected with Him, the Resurrected One. On this bright glorious and great day, the angelic hosts, filled with joy, sing a song of victory.
· May the Risen Lord fill your hearts and homes with every spiritual blessing!
· Last Sunday, 71 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $___, candles $__, donations $___, Bishop’s Appeal: $___. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
· Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Ted, Fr. Brendan, Sr. Patricia, Sr. Maria Rose OP, Oceana, Gary and Ingrid, Tom, Margaret and Don, Walter, Adam, Joan, Margaret, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Curtis, Joseph, Theresa, Emily, Ronald, Janet, Michael, Taylor, Margaret, Lorrie, Mary, Jude.
· Hospitality sign-up sheet: Apr 3 – Mason family. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the list is in the parish hall. Thank you to Prescott family for providing our hospitality meal for us last Sunday.
· Pysanki workshop. Corrected pysanki contest results for the young artist category, first three places: 1. Miriam Del Castillo and Terezia Murinova; 2. Amelia Baker; 3. Maria Murinova. Congratulations to our winners!
· Bishop’s Appeal. Our goal this year is $_____. Please prayerfully consider your contribution to the Appeal. Thank you in advance for your generosity. Your pledge cards are due in the parish office as soon as possible. Your contributions are to be made to “St. Philip the Apostle,” please mark your donation as “Bishop’s Appeal.” So far, we have received 14 responses (pledging together $_____), and $2,475 in donations.
· St. Philip’s Fish-Fry & Pirohy Dinner. Thank you to our crew, for hours of hard work in preparing and serving our Lenten dinner. May God grant you many blessed years.
· St. Philip Parish retreat in Ukiah, April 22nd-24th. If you would like to sign up, there are 8 single rooms still open. The cost of accommodation is $160 for family room, $140 for couples, and $120 for single room. There is still room! Please sign up, deposit is due upon signing up (correction: make checks to St. Philip the Apostle, mark “retreat”).
5 PM Baptism.
5:30 PM Divine Liturgy. Procession with Gospel readings.
8:30 AM Confessions.
9:10 AM Prayers.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Week of Pascha is free of fast and abstinence, enjoy the feast, Christ is Risen!