St. Philip the Apostle Byzantine Catholic Church
3866 65th street
Sacramento, CA 95820
Phone: (916) 452-1888 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.stphilipofsacramento.com Mobile: (916) 539-1534
O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Gregory the Great
For every sinner who thinks earthly things, not seeking those that are in heaven, is unable to look up. For while pursuing his baser desires, he declines from the uprightness of his state; or his heart is bent crooked, and he ever looks upon that which he unceasingly thinks about. The Lord called her and made her upright, for He enlightened her and succored her. He sometimes calls but does not make upright, for when we are enlightened by grace, we oft-times see what should be done, but because of sin do not practice it. For habitual sin binds down the mind, so that it cannot rise to uprightness. It makes attempts and fails, because when it has long stood by its own will, when the will is lacking, it falls.
· Last Sunday, 52 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $___, candles $__. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
· Prayer requests. Fr. Jozef, Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Ted, Fr. Brendan, Sr. Christopher OSBM, Sr. Maria Rose OP, Oceana, Gary and Ingrid, Tom, Margaret and Don, Walter, Joan, Margaret, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Rachel, Agatha, Michael, Curtis, Joseph, Theresa, Emily, Ronald, Janet, Michael, Taylor, Margaret, Lorrie, Mary.
· Hospitality sign-up sheet: Dec 6 – potluck. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the list is in the parish hall. Last Sunday, no one signed up for hospitality, somehow we still had food to eat and to share. Thank you to all who provided goodies for us last Sunday.
· Cleaning Day at St. Philip’s. On Saturday, December 12th, following the Divine Liturgy, we will have a cleaning day, to prepare our church for Christmas and winter. Bring rakes, leaf blowers, for the outside, vacuum cleaners, etc. for the inside.
· Sacramento hosts a Marathon next Sunday, which means some streets will be closed. Check on alternative routes to church.
· Next Sunday, on the feast of St. Nicholas, all our good children are invited to bring an extra polished shoe to church, St. Nicholas is known for filling empty, good looking shoes of good children with treats.
6:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
5:30 PM Vespers.
8:30 AM Confessions.
9: 10 AM Prayers.
9: 30 AM Divine Liturgy.
28th Sunday after Pentecost.
Tone 3. Our Holy Father Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra.
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Wednesdays and Fridays of St. Philip’s fast are days of simple abstinence. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.