St. Philip the Apostle Byzantine Catholic Church
O Holy Apostle Philip,
Intercede with the merciful God
That he may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.
Slava Isusu Christu! Slava i vo viki! + Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
From the Fathers of the Church …
St. Gregory of Nazianzus
Let us praise the Son first of all, venerating the blood that expiated our sins. He lost nothing of his divinity when he saved me, when like a good physician he stooped to my festering wounds. He was a mortal man, but he was also God. He was of the race of David but Adam’s creator, He who has no body clothed himself with flesh, He had a mother who, nonetheless, was a virgin, He who is without bounds bound himself with the cords of our humanity, He was victim and high priest—yet he was God. He offered up his blood and cleansed the whole world. He was lifted up on the cross, but it was sin that was nailed to it. He became as one among the dead, bur he rose from the dead, raising to life also many who had died before him. On the one hand, there was the poverty of his humanity; on the other, the riches of his divinity. Do not let what is human in the Son permit you wrongfully to detract from what is divine. For the sake of the divine, hold in the greatest honor the humanity, which the immortal Son took on himself for love of you.
- Last Sunday, 71 souls came to pray at St. Philip’s, our tithes to the Lord were $____, candles $__. Thank you for supporting our church, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.
- Prayer requests. Fr. Randall, Fr. Martin, Fr. Ted, Fr. Brendan, Oceana, Gary and Ingrid, Tom, Margaret and Don, Walter, Margaret, Becky, Alexis, Marion, Agatha, Michael, Curtis, Joseph, Theresa, Emily, Ronald, Janet, Michael, Taylor, Margaret, Radoslav.
- Hospitalitysign-up sheet: Sep 20 – Del Castillo, Sep27 – Prescott family, Oct 4 – Walter Gerlach. Please sign up for hospitality for the upcoming Sundays; the list is in the parish hall. Thank you to Baker family who provided hospitality for us last Sunday.
- Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy and Life-Giving Cross of our Lord is on September 14th. By tradition, we observe strict abstinence on that day.
- Cleaning Day, Saturday, Sep 19th, beginning at 9:30. Come and help with both outside and inside cleaning chores. We need to vacuum, sweep, clean bathrooms, plant a few bushes and move some furniture.
- Annual Safe Environment class for parents. Next Sunday, Sep 20th, immediately after lunch, parents and all responsible adults are invited to the parish hall for a short refresher about safe environment.
- Special Priests’ Medical Insurance Collection Eparchial Factoid Your generous response to last year’s medical insurance collection raised just over $__, enough to pay our medical premium for one month with about $____ remaining to help pay part of another month’s premium. We are very grateful for your thoughtful and generous contribution last year. Currently, our monthly premium averages $_____ for which we collect from the parishes only $___. The Eparchy must find the difference of $_____ per month! This is becoming more and more difficult for the Eparchy to pay each month without having a direct impact on eparchial programs and other operational needs. Your generosity this year will make a tremendous difference! Thank you for your generosity and love for your priests and your Eparchy. Your sacrifice is deeply appreciated.
|Mon||Sep 14th||6:30 PM Divine Liturgy.||Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Solemn Feast.|
|Sat||Sep 19th||8:30 AM Divine Liturgy.|
|Sun||Sep 20th||8:30 AM Confessions.
9: 10 AM Prayers.
9: 30 AM Divine Liturgy.
|Sunday after the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Tone 8.|
For Confession, please come half an hour before the scheduled services, or schedule an appointment. Friday is a day of simple abstinence. Let us remember one another as we offer our prayers and sacrifices to God.